View Single Post
Old 05-08-2016, 11:04 AM   #189
wogin

Garage
Thanks Bruce.

I can swing $2000 a year, but wow that is more than I would have guessed for sure. As for the oil changes, I could see that being an issue too, but on the other hand I wasn't sure why oil would go bad from just a change in container (engine vs plastic jug) ...I had read some discussion of oil becoming acidic with age, but couldn't figure out why that would occur if the car was not being run??? not doubting, just looking to learn.

Edmunds is $9022 private party, Bluebook is $10,100 private party,
NADA dealer retail is $11,300 all for excellent condition. Are these estimates accurate? Their asking price is $11,500, so if the estimators are correct then I should be going for closer to bluebook or Edumnds? I want to have an idea of a fair price for this car considering it's milage, history (not being run for a few years and potential for problems associate with it), assuming it is in excellent
cosmetic condition with nothing discovered on a PPI.

Bottom line: I don't want to start out in the hole on the first day of ownership because i payed too much.

Thanks again Bruce. If anyone else wants to chime in please do, I value your experience.

-Brian
wogin is offline   Reply With Quote