View Single Post
Old 06-15-2006, 05:35 PM   #1
Rondog

Water Spots on Black Box

Unfortuantely, i do not have covered parking at my office. While i try to park in a protected or faraway spot, sometimes you just can't help being victimized....

It was a glorious summer morning here in the OC, and the top-down ride to work just puts me in a good mood....to make matters better, as i pulled top my office lot, the single coveted "protected" spot was open--- this spot has a planter on one side and a wide curb on the other.... no chance of door dings!--- Ahhhh life is good i must be doing something right! ...i looked back at the car as i walked into my office and thought, "Damn! that car looks fine!"

Glorious summer mornings typically turn into hot, sunny days --knowing this i even crack the windows --

Fast forward to 3:30 pm ---and as predicted, its hot....As i walk to my car I already thinking about the wind cooling down on the drive home.

Horror of horrors! When i get up close to the car isee the whole front end is covered with crusty white splotchs--- Arrrrrrrrfgggggghhhh!!! Hard water spots!!!!!!!!!
Apparantly the building next door reworked their sprinklers ( in the planter next to me) And just murdered my car....

I contacted the building manager and as calmly as possible explained what hey had done....After some minor differences of opinion, they agreed to have their detailer come out and detail my car.

Now my dilemma.... Who are these detailers??? I'm picky about how my car is washed... I am a registered memeber of the Autopia board..Hell!! I own a Porter Cable 7424 Dual Orbital Polisher!!!!!-- I won't let the Porsche dealer give me a free car wash for fear of swirls-- I certainly aint gonna let a couple of jamokes go to town on the Box --doing more harm than good.....

So good people of the board....What should i do???

What would you do?????!?????

RONDOG

2005 987S
BLK/BLK
PASM
SPTS CHRONO +
PCM w NAV
19" CARRERA S

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...P4724Large.jpg
Rondog is offline   Reply With Quote