View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 02:10 PM   #524
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

Well, good news and not so good news coming out of the PCA race at Willow Springs last weekend.

The Good News: I qualified 2nd and finished 2nd in Saturday's race! I did a good job defending against 3rd place for several laps and then slowly pulled away and created a nice gap. I was very pleased with my performance and had high hopes for Sunday.

The Not So Good News: Qualified 3rd for Sunday's race and the driver in P1 decided to start at the back and race his way through the group so I started P2 (in BSR/SPB).

Got a good start and moved up to P1. Then got held up by slower traffic and moved back to P2. Then the P1 driver finally caught up to us and passed us both so I was in P3.

Then I didn't hold the car down tight on the inside line in Turn 8 (125mph) and it pushed up into the marbles and off I went into the desert!

The car was mostly ok but the power steering low pressure return line was pulled loose and broken (nearly ripped off of the bottom of the car is another way to say it) so I came home on the tow truck.

Race - Repair - Repeat.

HD and sound is the best way to watch - its pretty crazy when I go off track!

1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor

Last edited by thstone; 05-02-2016 at 02:54 PM.
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote