View Single Post
Old 05-01-2016, 05:17 AM   #12
mikesz

Garage
I have lived here all my life. Providence has come a long way. Lots of great restaurants, theater, concerts. Bristol area is nice close to the water. I live in the burbs, Cranston. Summers I think are the best but realize it only lasts 3-4 months. Lots of great beaches, close to Cape Code, Boston, NH, CT. Winters can make you feel isolated and depressed and never consistent. This past winter was very mild and little snow. The year before that same thing up until Jan 17. After that we got hit with snow every week. I had a 20ft mound in my driveway that didn't completely melt till late April. A few years back it rained every day in June except for 5 days. Personally I would prefer to live n Florida, I like the warmth and beaches year round. If you do decide to move here look me up. There is a group of Porsche folks that meet in Taunton every other Sunday we also get a contingent of Ferrari, Lotus owners attending also. Our first meet is May 15 which also coincides with the local PCA meet of the season. Lots of great country roads to drive on. Fall can be nice with colorful foliage. Personally I think it would be great if you moved here the more the merrier. Besides I could use a DIY Boxster friend.