View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 04:45 AM   #34
Timco
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
Nice try, but I don't sell anything, pal.
I have never once offered a product for sale...ever.
As a matter of fact, every mod I've done to my car has been accompanied by a DIY so that our members can do it themselves. All free, but again, nice try.
All I've ever done on this site is try to help people save time, work and money.
I'm 37 and retired, so you really don't want to get into a debate about economics with me, smurf.
Besides, we are actually discussing unethical business practices, so quit with the sad attempts at misdirection before I am forced to make a fool of you.

What's this all about? I can't stand liars, especially those that lie in an attempt to profit from others.

Quite frankly, I don't care what the few think. Pedro outright lied on his board, claiming that this was some new product he developed and then marked it up $75 from the real deal. This is a pattern of behavior with him (not the first time) and anyone with a brain and fingers to operate a keyboard can check.

If he comes out and admits to lying, after being caught red-handed, I might consider deleting my posts. Otherwise, this thread and my opening statement will stand as record and be updated regularly.
Lol. Look at me!! I'm 37 and retired! Nice infomercial. Boy, I wish I was you..

One man's quest I guess. Is the hill you want to die on? Some almost nobody's website? Isn't there a pot hole in your town you could lobby to have filled? An intersection that needs a stop sign? I think this board got your messages, from Pedro to look at me I'm retired at 37. Oh, you're the engineer. Yes, we know you're quite something. All us lowly rats will be at work today while you wax your car and find internet justice for us all.

Rebranding? See it all the time. Dozens of boilers use the EXACT same heat exchanger, put a different color jacket on it, and call it Triangle or HTP or Munchkin and so on. NOBODY boasts about the Giovani heat exchanger. They ALL brag it's their own. Now, they do say they "developed the boiler" and "created it to meet our high standards" and so on, but they never credit the mfg or inventor of that heat exchanger.

Yes, this Pedro guy went too far. He developed zero. His description was misleading. The correct approach to what he's doing is the Trader Joes approach. The "we searched the world and brought you the best product we could find" approach is honest, then them rebranding to their trade name isn't any big deal. Trader Joes won't tell you where they buy those chocolate / peanut butter cups...or who actually makes them so I can buy them cheaper.