View Single Post
Old 06-14-2006, 03:59 PM   #1
jamesatfish

Tricks for folding plastic rear screen?

All,

I’ve tried searching through the forums for similar queries but to no avail, so apologies if this question has been asked previously.

I’ve got an MY02 Boxster S that is fantastic in every way save for the plastic rear screen. For some reason I just can’t get the screen to fold correctly by itself when putting the roof down – each and every time I have to stop the roof half way, get out of the car, do the ‘karate chop’ to get the crease going horizontally rather than vertically, then get back in and finish the process. I know that I could have the roof replaced with an aftermarket glass screen version, but that’s an expense I don’t really want to incur given the roof is otherwise in perfect condition.

I had thought that ambient temperature would have something to do with it, but I’ve owned the car for about 6 months now and encountered the problem in temperatures between about 3-36 Celcius (38-96 Farenheit I think), so that doesn’t seem to make too much of a difference.

Does anyone have any tricks for getting the roof to fold the correct (horizontal) way without requiring manual intervention each time the roof is opened?

Thanks,

James
jamesatfish is offline   Reply With Quote