View Single Post
Old 06-14-2006, 02:59 PM   #8
eslai

My only problems with the 987 key are:

1. Buttons aren't recessed, too easily pressed--I've been in a restaurant with my car parked right outside and when I come out, I'll find that the trunk's popped because my wallet was on top of my keys in my pocket.

2. No seperate buttons for lock and unlock. I have to stare at the car to verify that I've actually locked rather than unlocked it. Not as convenient as the other cars I've driven where I can get out, press the "lock" button and be pretty sure that the little "snick" I heard was the doors locking.

Some may laugh about #2, but really--how many times do you press the "lock" button on your remotes "just to be sure", or you're walking away and think "did I lock the doors?" and then want to hit "lock" again? On a 987 you turn around, stare at the car, hit the lock/unlock button and wait for the lights to blink at you to tell you whether the car is now locked or unlocked.

Oh well. I wouldn't expect Porsche to get any little details right. They only seem to do the "driving experience" thing properly from what I can tell--everything else that's right with the car seems to happen by luck.