View Single Post
Old 06-14-2006, 04:27 AM   #18
986Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by KronixSpeed
ya jim can you be my personal boxster mechanic....everytime i read your posts, i am amazed with all the knowlegde that you have about cars and the boxster.

i don't trust downtown porsche or phaff, everytime i go in there it feels like trial and error. is there a good porsche mechanic in toronto that you trust. i have been going over to this one race team by my house bartling motorsports, good guys. with lots of porsche racing experience and an ex boxster owner.

anyone that you trust, other then yourself..........or do u have a shop.
I'm not in the position to do much major serviec myself anymore to be honest. I was in a serious motorcycle accident the end of last year racing at the track. I hurt my leg pretty bad (dumped the bike racing at 215kph at Toronto Motorsports track) and I can't bend or sit on the ground really anymore.

Most of my service is done by Switch European in Bradford (I live in Aurora) as the guy that owns it, Paul, is a buddy of mine for years. He has done lots of Porsche 911 stuff, some boxster but not much. He learns the diff on my car but no big deal really. Same stuff as the 996 for the most part.

Switch European Auto Clinic
905-775-4237
150 Artesian Industrial Parkway,
Bradford, ON L3Z 3G3

For major stuff I see Auto Select the owner is Franz he was part of the Porsche cup racing team in the 80's so he's really really good. Expensive but good.

Auto Select Repair
1228 Gorham
Newmarket, ON L3Y7V1
(905) 853-0442

I worked at an Import Performance shop for a few years and did a lot of really cool stuff and built some seriously high HP cars, but nothing porsche. Was all Talon, RX7 and Supra, Honda etc etc.. Most of my experience is from that stuff.

Last edited by 986Jim; 06-14-2006 at 04:31 AM.
986Jim is offline   Reply With Quote