View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 06:22 AM   #13
thatguychad

The $90 is garbage and I wouldn't waste your time on it. The Android head unit you linked looks like the one I just installed in the girlfriends '03, but running a more updated version of Android. Compared to my non-CD unit, I'm fairly disappointed with it. My head unit has better viewing angles, my girlfriends is hard to read sometimes unless you're directly in front of it.

Functionality-wise, the Android head units are great. You can download so many different music players (for mp3s), offline mapping options, and other helpful apps. If you add a wireless hotspot or can hotspot your cell phone, it becomes just like an Android tablet and the variety of apps is practically unlimited.

A little word of caution, I've had to modify the 2-din fit kit (I used a Connects2 kit in both cases as I think it looks the best - ordered from the UK) for both of my head units fairly heavily for a proper fit. I had to enlarge the hole in the faceplate for the radio, the depth of the faceplate itself, and the height of the cage in my girlfriends car. I thought that since her car already had the 2-din radio installed would mean less custom fabrication, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Attached Images

Last edited by thatguychad; 04-15-2016 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Added picture
thatguychad is offline   Reply With Quote