View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 07:22 PM   #3
rastta

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
If you have an S your bearings are bigger in the back. I have new bearings in my garage, I can micrometer them to tell the differences, but it is not major. The Sir B90-P can do front and back, and I bet the harbor freight FWD kit can do it too, and there is also a 944 bearing tool that may work.

I can measure my bearings but you can probably get the ID and OD from a parts website, those are the critical dimensions. Or if you have a hydraulic press, that is another option.

Fronts and back are very similar, with the main difference being that you have to remove the strut from the front carrier to get to the stub axle (I think, I'm still on the backs but am in progress right now to change all 4)

I mentioned on another thread that I had some more info, I'll post it tomorrow.

I have a spare front and rear - so I can measure as well. Info on the SIR B90 is mixed - the Pelican version is definitely rear only and does just the rear and won't pull the hub and there are three versions - P1-P3. What i'm unclear on is whether the whole kit which is expensive will do the hub as well as the fronts. I've also seen that 944 kit - but again - it looks like it's for the rear only. If the regular boxster is the same front and rear - I would then assume the 944 tool would work - because it would work on the smaller of the two. NO wonder i'm confused!

Last edited by rastta; 04-12-2016 at 07:26 PM.
rastta is offline   Reply With Quote