View Single Post
Old 06-13-2006, 01:10 PM   #18
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
All,

I replaced the missing pin this weekend (on the passenger side). Unfortunately it didn't solve the problem. Like most of the accounts I've heard, the problem with my top closing on the outside of the groove happens predominantly on my passenger side. It closed correctly immediately after installing the missing pin, but failed to close properly the next 2 times.

There isn't much holding the pins in place. They don't screw in, but are simply held in by pressure from the contact with 2 little tabs that are part of the piece behind the hole where the pin rests. You can simply pull them out, and easily reinsert them. The good news is they are only 70 cents or so, if you are missing one.

I don't know if my original top had the elastic band Randall, but my GAHH top definitely doesn't. When I was trying to describe to my parts guy what I needed, we looked at a Boxster in the service bay, and it didn't have the elastic bands either (I don't know if the top was original).

The parts guy told me he's seen the problem before and has watched the service technicians partially lower the top and push the whole top assembly on one side until the top raises correctly.

I'm not sure what to try next. I will have another look this weekend. If anyone has any solutions or ideas, please let us know.

Thanks,

ddb
ddb is offline   Reply With Quote