View Single Post
Old 06-13-2006, 10:28 AM   #7
mach schnell

Xavier - On my VW - ran a 10 day ebay ad - continually lowering price - in the end - 2 watchers - no bids. Then autotrader - 3 weeks - same guy from some non-profit wanting to match sellers with buyers calls me once a week - no one else. Craigslist - got 1 email - some dealer who had a buyer and wanted my lowest price - i told him to make an offer - never heard back. Samba - got nothing! In fact, since I paid for the Autotrader add to run unlimited, I'm gonna keep it running (even though I traded the car in this past weekend) just to see how long it takes until I actually get an actual call on it. Interestingly, I had actually debated running ads for the 987 thinking it would sell in a heartbeat and I'd make a few grand over what I got when I traded it with the VW - I got the dealer to give me KBB on the Porsche and since I bought it for almost $11000 under sticker, I didn't loose much on depreciation! My thought for selling it outright is that I may have sold it for what I bought it for.

In my opinion, its the market here in soCal - houses aren't selling and cars aren't selling. The 911 I was looking at, although a new addition to the particular dealership, that dealer had some of the same cars he had when I shopped his lot in January before buying the Boxster. The dealer in Newport where I ended up trading the Porsche and VW for the BMW said they've had some of the slowest months ever!

Re: Porscheracer's comments about the Tip - actually, I think in soCal you have a better chance selling a (sports) car with an auto. Although I disagree with the philosphopy of an automatic in a sports car, most soCal drivers prefer the ease when stuck in traffic! I shopped 350z a bit before buying the Boxster and for the life of me couldn't find their top of the line version equipped with a 6 spd anywhere in soCal - dealer explanation - no one wants to shift in traffic!

Have you approached CarMax - if you are already listing it below KBB - you may get a do-able price from them and the car is off your hands!

Anyway - good luck!
Japanese Rising Sun roof graphic
De-ambered and nearly de-chromed!

Sold - 05 BMW 330CI ZHP M-tuned
Imola Red, 6spd, Alcantra & Carbon Fiber Interior

Sold - 05 Boxster Black/Black 5spd
19" Carrera S Wheels
Bose Audio System/Sport Chrono Pkg
Schnell Short Shifter
Yellow Calipers c/ carbon fiber Porsche lettering
De-Ambered

Sold - 03 VW Beetle Silver - way too modified!

Last edited by mach schnell; 06-13-2006 at 10:35 AM.
mach schnell is offline   Reply With Quote