View Single Post
Old 06-13-2006, 12:47 AM   #15
CA_Boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddb
Hake, et. al,

I contacted Rob from GAHH and he put me in touch with Jack, also at GAHH. Jack contacted my installer by phone (who he knew) and gave my installer some areas to check that could potentially be causing my problems.

While looking around my top my installer discovered a small pin that had broken or was just missing. I don't know how to describe the mechansim where the missing pin is suppose to be located, so I'm attaching a couple of pictures. One is from the passenger side and shows the pin in place. The other shows the missing pin. These areas are approximately to the left of your head if you are in the drivers seat and to the right of your head if you are sitting in the passenger side.

A few weeks ago I ordered the needed part, but unfortunately my parts guy ordered the wrong part. Just today I picked up the correct part. I will install it this weekend and hopefully find out if this was the problem, or not.

I will let you know the final outcome soon.

ddb
Interesting. I had one of the early tops and just recently (after about 18 months on the car) The right side would occasionaly go outside the plastic rails on the right side when I raised the top. I couldn't replicate it at will so I was never able to have it checked, but it did happen often enough. Coincidentally, that (early) top recently had the glass separation problem and my installer replaced it immediately with a new GAHH top a couple weeks ago. I was checking it out this weekend and saw those pins. They're not in there very tight. It's extremely easy to pull them out. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they could fall out on their own. Are they supposed to be that loose?
CA_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote