View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 06:48 AM   #2435
PaulE

Expensive but worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyed View Post
I had PS2's on my 2007 Cayman S. They were great!!
My daily commute is 60 miles each way. My car came with 18 inch Light Carrera wheels (when I bought it in 2003, I decided that the car absolutely had to have PSM, heated seats and cruise control. So it also had the body colored rollbar, aluminum look interior trim and gauge rings and windblocker, but a base radio with only dashboard speakers and no trip computer). I love the look of the 18 inch wheels but wanted a half inch more rubber between my backside and what passes for roads here in Northern NJ.

When I had the chance to snag a set of 2003 17 inch rims, I did. Having prematurely replaced a couple of rear 18 inch PS2's due to road damage, I thought I would try something less expensive. Wish I had seen what people said here about the various brands of tires, the Toyos made my steering wheel and car vibrate annoyingly. I might have bought the Dunlop Direzza's, but having gone through the agony of the Toyos, I decided to go with Michelin again. I drove the Boxster to work yesterday and today, it is like a new car with these new Michelins!
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote