View Single Post
Old 04-02-2016, 03:22 PM   #20
rdymond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gent View Post
#@$&*!

Alright, I think I got it.

The loose white switch like thing that looks like an adjustment knob inside pushes in and twists to lock. I had that squared away.

There are two ball and socket arrangements - one black, the other white - I took a pic of the white one earlier. The black one slides into a groove on the housing unlike the white one which is more of a cup arrangement. Both were loose.

I tried with a fabricated tool (mole wrench grasping a hex key) to hook the distal end of each and pull them towards me and into their housing, suspecting a compression fit arrangement.

Couldn't quite do it. Then I released the white knob again. That had been providing counter pressure to the ball and socket arrangements. This wiggle room allowed me to pull the headlight back into the sockets on either side. Twisting the white knob in and locking it afterward I discovered I now had a stable lens inside the healight housing.

Huzzah.

Now to see if that fixed the alignment problem, lol.
OK will fabricate a tool and try this technique on the left (white) side. Did you have a tool for the right (black) side as well?

At this point the headlight sits on the white socket only when the white twist knob is unlocked and its keys are visible above the black mount.