Thread: Gt4
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2016, 09:01 AM   #4
LAP1DOUG

I think that guy was still learning the car as he had only picked it up about a week before, so I'm sure it would have been worse otherwise.

I drove one at the Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta, and liked it a lot. As with all P-cars with OEM settings, it understeered too much, but they have GT3 control arms already installed, so this can be very easily fixed. The torque was very nice - wish I had that engine.

However, I hate to say it but, the greatest impression was the PSM technology, which has become absolutely phenomenal. I think you would have to be a complete dufus behind the wheel to crash one of these things.

The sad thing is that the fastest way to drive the car may be throwing it over the edge and letting the PSM save you. This PSM has output controls that a driver does not have available like braking one wheel, and the software has become very good.

I believe that I read in a recent Panorama that the new club racing GT4's have the PSM on all the time, and can't be totally turned off. I can understand why. If I was running another race sanctioning body, I was be very concerned about letting this new PSM technology in the door.

986S
991S
Van Diemen RF97
LAP1DOUG is offline   Reply With Quote