View Single Post
Old 03-20-2016, 04:36 AM   #3
jdraupp

Garage
You probably didn't do bad with those service records, but I'd hardly call it the deal of a lifetime. You have an 18 year old Porsche with 135k on it that's going to continue to act like a luxury sports car in maintenance costs. Plan on spending 1-2k a year in costs. Less if you are handy and can do maintenance yourself. An oil change at the dealer with cost 180 bucks and you need one every 5,000 miles or at least once a year. If you can do it yourself, closer to 60 bucks.

I do not see air oil separator, rear wheel bearings, front motor mount, water pump and suspension on that list. You'll likely need to do all those things in the coming years. Plenty of threads on all of those items, just do a search.

Congrats on the new car, enjoy it and drive it like it's stolen. I just know a lot of folks buy these thinking they just got a cheap porsche when in fact the cheapest porsche you buy will be the most expensive one you'll ever own. That is why we try to temper those expectations and prepare you for what you may encounter. They all need extra maintenance. German cars do. It's just a matter of how willing and prepared you are to do it.
jdraupp is offline   Reply With Quote