View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 06:50 PM   #8
r00ster

Long time lurker... might be my first post???

First: Thank you to everyone that contributes here, your posts have helped me save thousands of dollars! Over the past 2 years I've replaced my alternator and accessory belt; replaced the water pump (composite impeller) and thermostat (lower temp and housing); removed and repacked both of my rear axles; removed front spoiler to clean the radiators; installed new front rotors, turned the rears, new pads and sensors on all four corners before a complete brake fluid flush. Also replaced the rear (caster) control arms. Upgraded the plastic gears in both of the convertible top transmissions. Serviced the Tip Trans. I've also resurfaced my front headlight lenses and there's more I just can't remember right now. THANK YOU EVERYONE, I wouldn't have had a clue without your instructions! Hopefully, at some point, I'll post something "brilliant" to help pay back this forum...

Second: 2003 2.7L with Tip. 147k miles... My driver's side mirror started flapping around in the housing this past week. Jager's situation sounds similar to mine. Yesterday, I was able to carefully pull the mirror off the plastic/rubber plate because it was barely holding on. Whew, I saved my mirror! I'm just starting my research on issue and so Permatex Super Glue is the first product I've heard about so far. I realize it's only but 4 months: is it still holding good for you Jager? Anyone reading this use a different product? I had a buddy advise me to use Epoxy but I'm worried about it drying out in the Florida sun so I'm leaning towards Permatex at this point.

Finally: Thank you Jager for the photos and instructions on removing the housing and plate. Digging the cars on your bench!... Thank you to randy7601 as well for your contribution to this topic!
r00ster is offline   Reply With Quote