View Single Post
Old 06-10-2006, 08:19 AM   #9
mach schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 986Jim
Kinda makes me laugh, you got rid of the car because you couldn't sort out a shimmy.. lol. Well whatever makes you happy. Some rims and tires would have solved your problem and cost around 3k so you would still be even and have your Boxster.

Oh well at least teh BMW is nice (barf) ... They styling is just so ugly, I have no idea what they were thinking when they did the latest BM's..

Imagine you're driving a car that has the wicked shimmy or stutter when you hit the brakes (can you picture that). If so, now picture that shimmy occurring in your >$50k performance sports car all the time! Further, that shimmy made your 'supposed to be incredible handling' german roadster feel both unstable and irritating to drive! Consider then, that in the time span of just over a month - you had the car looked at 4 different times by 2 different P - dealerships and each time got half ass responses and bull**************** with little to nothing done either to investigate or actually fix the problem. I guess, if you're the kind of guy that buys a new car (with a problem) and then says - da huh - i'll go spend more of my money to fix a warrantied car's problem, rather than having the company take care of it - then you're probably the perfect customer for Porsche - is this instance. On the other hand, you might have a point 986Jim if my car was a used 986 purchased without a warranty rather than a 4 month new 987.

Either way, you gotta now it wasn't easy - the day I drove off the lot with that Porsche - my first one and a virgin at that - I was damn proud and excited. And the first couple thousand miles were great. But then....

Sure, it's a little different now when I open my garage, but as I said before, I'll come back to Porsche - the slut's not crossed out of my black book yet!
Japanese Rising Sun roof graphic
De-ambered and nearly de-chromed!

Sold - 05 BMW 330CI ZHP M-tuned
Imola Red, 6spd, Alcantra & Carbon Fiber Interior

Sold - 05 Boxster Black/Black 5spd
19" Carrera S Wheels
Bose Audio System/Sport Chrono Pkg
Schnell Short Shifter
Yellow Calipers c/ carbon fiber Porsche lettering
De-Ambered

Sold - 03 VW Beetle Silver - way too modified!
mach schnell is offline   Reply With Quote