View Single Post
Old 06-10-2006, 04:46 AM   #2
986Jim

I seriously thought about an S2000 and really like the look and that they are cheaper to modify and maintain. I was driving in Toronto on day and saw this guy in an S2000 with a stupid carbon fiber wing, body kit, 10 or so stickers down the door and retarded looking wheels on the car it looked like a Honda Civic from the 90's with all the retarded rice boy crap on it. As soon as I saw that I just couldn't bring myself to buy one. It just looked so ghey with all that crap on it and some loser riceboy behind the wheel.

One thing about the Porsche lineup is you never see that kinda stuff on the road. German cars are more about OE styling than aftermarket loserness like Honda's have always been. Even the VW Audi guys are not really into stupid looking setups like the Honda guys are and it spills over into the S2000 as well.

Sorry that has nothing to do with auto-x but was my sole reason for buying the Box over the S2000, just thought I would share. I was in the same situation as you are right now about 6 months ago. I would have looked more at a 350Z I think now as well and maybe have bought one of those. They are faster, just as beautiful and I come from a Nissan family really dad has always had them and races them now so would have fit in better.

My cars have always been German so I'm an outsider...
986Jim is offline   Reply With Quote