View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 05:58 AM   #6
jb92563

I've taken that course and can attest to it being more fun than you have had in your Porsche ever perhaps and the proof is that a number of people who have already taken the course before, sign up again to have another 2 days of great fun.

Its a very friendly social environment and if your a little outgoing and talk to the folks and instructors you are having fun with you will also make a bunch of new friends.

You will be grouped with models of similar capabilities so Boxster and Caymans get training together tailored to the capabilities of the Mid engine Porsches.

There's a bit of an adrenaline rush as you do things you never though possible with your car and its all grins throughout the weekend.
The end result is that you will certainly be a better driver, and if you apply yourself you might discover you have incredible driving talents previously undiscovered.
The most interesting thing most people discover is that the Boxster is capable of a lot more than the driver, and learning to drive the Boxster to its capabilities will be most fun and full of good surprises.

Those paranoid of blemishing their cars need not worry as its unlikely to be scuffed and if you are concerned about hitting a soft cone now and then you just need a role of Blue masking tape to protect the front bumper and wheel well edges.
I didn't use any tape and hit lots of cones going forwards and backwards (Spun out on purpose and while learning the traction/balance limits many times) and after a wash I could not find so much as a scratch.

Even the most timid drivers with brand new Porsches were doing incredible feats of cone avoidance and slaloms around the cones in sudsy wet and dry track areas.

You know its going to be interesting when the soapy water truck foams up some skid pads.

I can't say enough good things about the Course, people putting it on, the instructors and participants...very friendly folks with humor thrown in to boot.

Its truly and experience every Porsche driver should do, for the fun, learning to handle your car and avoiding collisions dynamically in your everyday traffic situations.
Those with the urge or interest to race, (Which you will after getting adrenalin-ed up) will also enjoy the mini autocross.

https://picasaweb.google.com/118388745157890389551/PorschePerformanceDrivingSchool2012

Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)

Last edited by jb92563; 02-24-2016 at 06:08 AM.
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote