View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 08:55 AM   #20
mach schnell

bmussati - anonymity how? how doesn knowing or not knowing my plate (on the internet or driving down the freeway) have anything to do with you knowing who i am or not! if it were that big of a deal or really that easy that anyone could find you (oooohh big brother!) wouldn't we all have the special 007 revolving license plates, so the jackass that keeps riding your ass on the freeway doesn't figure out where you live - oh, that's right, he can just follow you home! my point is, that blacking your plate out may seem like something really necessary or like your disguising your identity - you're really not!

porscheracer - modded the beetle out just to make it a more interesting daily driver. wanted a stiffer suspension and sportier ride, better audio system and a car that just didn't look like everything else on the road. also, when i bought it, originally thought maybe this would be a car we'd keep in the family for a long time and as we added other cars, the beetle would get tweaked here and there as creativity saw fit. however, the 2.0 l engine has serious power limits and in leiu of shipping the car to hpa motors in canada and spending 15-20 grand to add a bi-turbo v6 and audi all wheel drive and turning the car into a 0-60 in 3.8s ferrari eater, i decided it was too much of a slug (don't go there!) funny thing is, started out feeling the same way about the box - it would be a car that we'd hold on to (the whole nostalgic - first porsche stuff) - oh well, some folks are never happy...
Japanese Rising Sun roof graphic
De-ambered and nearly de-chromed!

Sold - 05 BMW 330CI ZHP M-tuned
Imola Red, 6spd, Alcantra & Carbon Fiber Interior

Sold - 05 Boxster Black/Black 5spd
19" Carrera S Wheels
Bose Audio System/Sport Chrono Pkg
Schnell Short Shifter
Yellow Calipers c/ carbon fiber Porsche lettering
De-Ambered

Sold - 03 VW Beetle Silver - way too modified!
mach schnell is offline   Reply With Quote