View Single Post
Old 02-16-2016, 06:08 AM   #179
Abettinger

Close to purchasing '05 Boxter S and need advice

Good morning,
I am brand new here and have been searching for a Boxter S...I've found 2 of them and could use insight...

Boxter 1 is an '05 with 32,500 miles on it. It has all the options on it - including the Chrono, PASM and 19" wheels. It is a manual transmission. It is advertised as always garaged, has all the service records and in excellent condition. The pictures look it as well and the price is reasonable. The question I have is regarding the use of the car...the first owner had it for 5,000 miles (1 year) and second owner for the balance of the time. The carfax that I ran shows a flywheel replacement at both 7,000 miles AND at 14,000 miles and it has had two sets of tires mounted according to records. it seems very strange to have the flywheel replaced twice so early... What advice would you give me regarding this car? Run, ask for more info - what? I will do a PPI on any car, but don't want to invest the extra unless it is a sound car in person and on paper first.

Car #2 is an '06 with 62,000 miles on it. It has the automatic w/ triptonic and is very nice looking inside & out. Not many options on it and it has 18" wheels. Drove it twice and enjoyed it, but the second time it had a system fault - return to workshop light show up in the dash...the carfax on this one shows multiple owners and the part about this one that is concerning is that the last 2 owners had it for 7 months to a year and it has ended up at local car dealerships and most recently was traded in at a Porsche dealer and then sent out to auction. I was all ready to send this one in for PPI, but something about it was not adding up.

Last edited by Abettinger; 02-16-2016 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Was not finished.
Abettinger is offline   Reply With Quote