View Single Post
Old 02-07-2016, 02:51 PM   #59
Nine8Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumpyAl View Post
For me, with the litronics option you miss out on the opportunity to be creative.

The GT projectors are awesome quality and very unique, but I find the look not quite right for my tastes. A pair of staggered alloy shrouds stacked one on the other would be my ideal - but I doubt there's room?

edit: painted plastic shrouds might be the sweet spot for affordability without looking too thrown together from eBay?
I do/did all kind of bezels and custom work but in most case the price nearly double. Some painted to car-matching but most are properly anodized (life warranty on those ano bezels). Pro-shops and very special cars regularly get in touch for those to be made. Case by case, if you own that supercar-like with special lighting needs, do get in touch!

RE paint: no-go, we tried. The non-avoidable deformation of the plastic bezel will rip off your paint eventually, if not after only a few heat cycles. You need to use a 'rubbery' paint composition but none have been yet tested on composites (that deforms) and heats/cold cycles as much as an headlight. Luck on that :/

Last edited by Nine8Six; 02-07-2016 at 02:53 PM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote