View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 02:31 PM   #24
Nine8Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben006 View Post
If you can make an intake plenum in cast aluminum for less than 60$ as you claim, you'll have my eternal respect, and I'll buy it from you for twice the price !
Ben – I didn’t meant to offend buddy. I did said the technology never really worked for me, read; for the parts that we do. Main problems I had was: 1)parts being completely out of tolerance, 2)couldn’t get any sharp edges (anywhere lol), 3)deformation… especially at the hot plate area and 4)horrible (horrible) surface finishes. If you ask me, this is NOT call “rapid prototyping” more like rapid f-up to me. But again, that’s just me.

Ppl like adv tech & cool stuff and I appreciate this (evolution). That’s what made 3D printers such a success. Of course you’ll say some printers can achieve what you require but then… they cost min$150,000. Roughly the same our few 5axis MC we have at HQ cost where those can 3D cut an injection mold in a flash and that with far superior tolerance (+/-0.005mm). Dare you to achieve this with the equivalent $150k 3D printer. What a scam

My point is, century-old manufacturing methods and process (castings) and/or already proven technologies (CNC/EDM) are often the only way to go. There is a good reason why those methods have been used for so many years.

That said, it might help you to think about investing that $100, Ben (or whatever it cost?). Trust these guys mate, they know what they are doing (you won’t find a 3D printer there I promise you). If you do, change shop man lollllll

My 2c buddy.

Ps: It’s a 3D printer thread so I won’t go into details RE ‘cost’ for a near free casting mold, I’m in China man. These lads here have been doing those for-the-world ever since the tech exist (picture this!).

Pps: that cast slingshot teen is so cool lollll it just shows…..