View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 05:01 PM   #13
ol doc gully

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxxster View Post
10k is really not as bad as it sounds for a boxster. Parts prices from the dealer are astronomical and that quote likely includes labour which is also very expensive at the dealer. If you buy used parts and shop wisely I wouldn't be surprised if you could put all the parts together for like 2k, if that. Oh and for the sound you're looking for I'd probably just get some test pipes (if you can't find the cats at a reasonable price) and a stock exhaust. Top speed has a price for forum members that is a fraction of the cost of the fabspeed pipes. OEM exhaust shouldnt be too hard to find either - lots of people took theirs off in favour of aftermarket ones.

Best of luck.
Thanks, and yeah he just took it to the dealership that's done all his service, certainly not the most cost effective route. Total cost isnt really a concern as insurance will be paying, we just dont want it totalled. So, and im having to read through my dad's words, who is technically inclined but not quite adept at automotive aspects like this, but it sounds like we only need to cut out a couple grand and we are OK as far as not having to total it.

I'll start poking around for a stock exhaust but like I said, he's quite old and not interested in much trouble and I'm not local so convenience (aka off the shelf) is a big plus.

Thanks a lot guys, I really needed the reassurance since I can't put eyes or a wrench on the thing.
ol doc gully is offline   Reply With Quote