View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 11:04 AM   #16
DarkStar

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkchris View Post
If you wanted to change the horizontal trim strips to, say carbon fiber, aluminum, etc., doing it with the dash out is easiest.
Eh, I just dyed it. But I might if the dye takes longer. I've depleted the city of all the dye lol. So waiting for new order. They only have small bottles and the dash took a lot. I'm about to order red carbon fiber for the plastic pieces and the center surrounding the tablet/radio. So maybe that will just be the ultimate set off to look bad ass.

I did however locate my wire issue. Despite the previous owner installing a fuse that was higher than it should be, seems the drop top switch is what shorted out while it wasn't connected and luckily is the only damage.

So the rest of the wires are fine. It's just from here over the steering column to the center and to the switch.

I'll probably just cut this wire. The car is permanently hardtop and the only reason I have to open the deck would be to remove the sub enclosure so I could install a switch here. Maybe use the spoiler switch since I wanna move it to a better location.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk