View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 10:37 AM   #12
pkp4911

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYprodriver View Post
Are the 993TT mounts solid or hydraulic ? Did you have the engine &/or flywheel balanced? What year 986?
Ironically, the mounts I replaced ended up being exactly what came out. This 03 had a previous 3.2 exchange (this being 3rd engine now...) so motor had been out by PO. I was surprised and bummed since I bought the replacement mounts thinking it was an upgrade. They were used but perfect.
Clutch and PP were Sachs units. Flywheel was resurfaced but not dynamically balanced as a unit because I wasn't going with anything lightened or changed from OE.
While we shimmed (lowered ) engine and rear trans mounts I don't know that we did same for front engine mount which might cause some of this, since as I mentioned, I can actually feel vibration in the steering wheel...tied to pump being in contact with something towards front of engine...
Pedro mentioned that the Vertex oil pump galley (allowing some oil to go to IMS through hollow shaft) mod tended to cause a noise, but nothing about vibration.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
pkp4911 is offline   Reply With Quote