View Single Post
Old 01-29-2016, 11:32 AM   #3
jb92563

Yes, the rebranded "Z-Tops" are back.

A company called Xtreme motor car is just started delivering the 986 version of Cayman Style hard tops in Jan 2016. They have been producing a 987 version previous to that.

Porsche 986 Boxster Z Top Cayman Style Hardtop New | eBay

They are on ebay. Its the ZienTop design being made in China. He partnered with Zien and/or bought him out as I understand it and sells the Z-Tops now.

I emailed the guy and he is has a new batch of 986 tops.

He told me he can sell me one delivered for $2700, but being near the Port in LA probably has reduced the shipping in my case.

I asked to see one in person and he said he could connect me with a customer in my area to see if I could take a look at his install.

I have not pursued it yet because I just installed a 03 top with glass but perhaps late this year I may get one.

The install PDF is too big to attach so if you want a look PM me your email and I'll email it.

If anyone has installed one I'd be interested to hear how they like it and what was needed to finish the install.

Ray

"Hi
for the pricing right now on the 986 or 987 Z-tops
I have been air shipping these with door delivery
the best I can do is $3195.- Fedex air.

I should have 17 tops here by the end of January,
if you can wait I can bring the price down to $2695.- delivered Fedex Freight.

Here is an attached install pdf from the old company
there have been some slight changes but the install process is roughly the same

Let me know if you have any questions or would like to order
thanks,
Jeffrey
Xtreme Mototcars

"

[IMG]"https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-wxSgjRDrF5Y/VqvU0FDcwpI/AAAAAAAADvw/eK5Ueu4uNog/s800-Ic42/s-l1600.jpg[/IMG]

Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)

Last edited by jb92563; 01-29-2016 at 03:03 PM.
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote