View Single Post
Old 06-06-2006, 02:58 PM   #5
MNBoxster

Hi,

Not to discourage you, but I think it's a bad move. The difference isn't that great so far as it being better. It is more complex with the eGas and this can cost you more in maintenance etc. You're not getting Heated Seats, NAV, Glass Rear Window, 'S' Power

And you already know the car you have now. You won't get the money back for the Mods you've put in or the maintenence you've done, so they will be part of the cost of doing the swap. Also, I assume you'll sell yours and buy the '00, that means more Sales Tax, higher Ins. (slightly because the Car is newer) and you'll likely pay more for the '00 than you get for your '99. Then you'll want to Mod this one - more $$, much more if you address the wheels. All for something which is basically what you have now except that it is more of an unknown and you may have to do things such as you've done to yours like MAF, Oil Change, Pads, Fluid, Clutch?

All in all, it's your Car and your money, so if you want it, do it. But, I think in the end, there'll be no Net Sum Gain...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote