View Single Post
Old 01-23-2016, 11:29 AM   #1162
rfuerst911sc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
Rick – Jake have extensively modified your car recently. You know how proud he is of his work and I am 110% certain he wouldn’t appreciate you staring modifying it without his acknowledgment (regardless of the mod, mechanical, electrical, small, big, doesn’t matter). Please check with him before cracking with the installation of additional ‘non-porsche’ equipment e.g. whether this could affect your/his work warranty.

It’s your car and you do what you want with it at the end of the day. But I have a feeling that Jake would appreciate that you do nothing to it (additional) until your borrowed 3.4 ecu, upcoming tuning, and electronic is settled and are signed-off.

My headlights are the best-in-the-world Rick loll Yes. Public knowledge; two of the Porsche Service Center mechanics here in Shanghai have my headlights on their 996s and not shy to occasionally refer other individuals to me which I’m very happy to service myself. However you know as much as I do that other experts may not always share the same visions about non-porsche equipment.

So again. Do nothing with your headlights until Jake tells you go (my advice).

Ps: my indy refused to install an $160 aftermarket 80amp Bosch battery in my car today, one that I found on sale. He demands $420 for his “Porsche branded” battery or walk away from my shop he told me :/ Porsche love. Nothing wrong with that, I’m not complaining here (I actually bought his overpriced battery at the end to make him happy again lolll)
Thanks for the clarification on your comments and let me know if/when you have headlight gaskets available. I do happen to agree your headlights are the best and I haven't installed them yet They sure do look good on my workbench
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote