View Single Post
Old 01-22-2016, 09:06 PM   #1155
Nine8Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay View Post
Wicked stuff.....things have come a long way from laying down tool paths on a $50K CATIA work station
J - above vid is a full blown license of "Siemens NX10" with MR3 + CAM + Simulation package. Technically the same solution your Boxster car and all other Porsche cars were engineered onto. This NX license, a NC lathe and a (wicked) High Speed 4axis Vertical Machining Center all with 'nano precision' controllers were part of the main investment for my shop (back in July 2015). I'm not only designing or manufacturing $300 projectors no worries mate lollll

NX is dead raw parasolid. The grand daddy of all other mechanical engineer software that you hear about. Sure makes Solidworks and other look like comic books. Certainly not cheap but worth it on the 'long' run (2 years and its paid for as per business plan)

German Rottweilers (2), German watches, German cars, and German automation, systems, controllers & software. The only thing I don't do German is their food loll

ps: Catia's workstation is not mine, owned by my current employer (day job). And its not $50k... much much less than that mate The Catia licenses are attributed to the girls where we work loll (we like to refer to it as such!)