View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 12:39 PM   #12
Walshie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by maurice54 View Post
I've had my '99 986 since October - came complete with indoor swimming pool!
To date I've had to clear blocked front drains, repair the rear drain tray on the driver's side with RTV silicone, repair leaks in both door vapour barriers where the speaker wires come through and this week, with the carpet and driver's seat out, I found a drip at the lowest point of the cable for opening the rear truck, just beside the seatbelt bolt hole. Still some water getting in at the front driver side. Finally found it just now - the windscreen bottom seal so I'm drying it off now and will seal it with RTV silicone later.
That should be it all sorted.
I have a lot more detail about the various fixes if you need it - things like finding my front drains don't run to the wheel wells as per the drawings! Mine are fixed to the firewall and run out just behind the bottom tray.
When you repaired the vapour barriers on the doors, we're the door cards wet. I have poured water down the front drains and it appears to run out from the centre of the car in-line with the bulkhead. What I have found is that there are no grommets on the drain holes they are just holes in the bodywork either side of the battery. Rear drains are clear. Still looking
Walshie is offline   Reply With Quote