View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 04:30 PM   #1143
Nine8Six

Bfan, emore93, jpc763, thatguychad, seen your msg on the previous page guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintro11 View Post
Hey Fred have you ever tried those wheel lug covers? I see a lot of eBay might be worth trying out with the center cap
Yea I did saw them once or twice on eBay at some stage. I think they are a must if your lug bolts are having that old look I actually got caps in black and guess what's under them? Spanking shinny new titanium bolts... those we've machined two years ago for the club here. Hiding this behind 'plastic' go figure! In my case I have no choice with black wheels... but guessing its not much of an issue with silver wheels (given your bolts are brand new or well taken care of).

Tip; guys here fill them with grease, prevents the bolt from rusting inside that plastic and makes it easier to pop off when needed apparently. Just sharing, tough it was a pretty neat trick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
Since the gunmetal is a little different color from the silver wheels, I am thinking black for me. If I don't like the look with my silver wheels, Ill put them on my 996 that has black wheels
Black on silver is a huge No-Go bud. Seen it. From 25 feet away it looks as if the the wheel has a huge black hole in the middle with a twisted copper bolt in the middle. Doesn't work. Those Black caps goes on black wheels only and look absolutely sick (my fav if you ask me).

Did that visual below for you mate. The gunmetal tone is right between the wheel metallic silver and your tire black color. Simply can't go wrong, perfectly balanced and the best looking setup for silver wheel, period. Not asking you to believe me, you do what you want The other nice looking one is the red. (just sharing my taste, I could be off world-miles from the reality who knows loll)

GTCollection.com - CGT Style Center Caps Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc2050 View Post
OK Fred, I give. I need a set. What would you recommend for an Arctic Silver S?
I was actually wondering what took you so long Kevin lolll RE choice, YOU get to chose mate! Take your time and let me know if you need to see any particular color combo. Hope all is well with you bro (ps: OT; I bought the new GH4, Sigma F2.8 lens with the Speedbooster, I'll shoot some vid of the shop soon, you'll freak out and very possibly run to the store to get the same kit)

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbray View Post
Hi Fred, What front bumper do you have?
Thanks.
Guessing your making ref to the red car on the previous page, if the case then that car has the gt2 front bumper with a carbon lip thingy. Great at catching street garbage, flying bags and cigarette butts. Other than that, the car performs incredibly well at high speed (windy days literally goes unnoticed). Feels just like a go-kart on rails. Pretty happy about it. Recommend

Show you. Hope you don't mind me painting the page red :/ it is red. very very red. Offending red some says here

Porsche Boxster 986 modified

Also found this one... more red! Now that is the very first GTProjector kit installed (prototype). Might not be as cool as the other guys' projectors here but the kit is still running strong today. Keep forcing myself to install a set of Luminoso but just can't find a valid reason, yet anyway (lazy might be the issue also)

Porsche Boxster 986 bi-xenon MKI

Last edited by Nine8Six; 01-19-2016 at 04:48 PM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote