View Single Post
Old 01-18-2016, 06:27 PM   #3
Nine8Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotanova View Post
I bought these from a guy and he told me they were inexpensive wheels. I thought they looked good in the pictures and they came with 6 decent treaded tires. For $500 I thought I was getting a good deal and he had a friend deliver them to me at a race event. He was suppose to race that weekend but couldn't make it. They weren't as good looking as they were in the pics, but I figured I'd just paint them. No big deal, what can you expect for $500?! Well fast forward 9 months and I finally get to the point where I'm ready to powder coat them. I take them off my box and start to prep them for the sand blaster. On the back side of one I find a small crack. Damn it! I take that bad wheel to a metal fabrication shop around the corner. I usually bring stuff there that I need tig welded. The old man there tells me that he can attempt to weld it but that being it's a cheap knock off, it probably is made out of crappy aluminum too. So that being said, I come home and start looking for a replacement. I've searched for awhile now and can't find an exact match. I thought it couldn't hurt to ask one of you guys if you might recognize this wheel and where to find one? It's a 18x10 ET48 BBS LM replica
I'm not looking to turn this into a "replicas suck thread!". Yes they suck and I don't plan on tracking with these wheels. They'll be fine for cruising around the streets. I'll throw on factory wheels when I DE my car.
Thanks Woody
I'm in a fast train and can't upload pics, just tried and it failed twice. Bad connection or something.

Try to access the link below. Just rang the chap a min ago and he certainly can get you the wheel in pcd130 but he can't sell you only one. Got to buy the set (4). Good news is they are $65 each (phone price). Include shipping and you are looking at a $300 min wheel. I can sell the 3 left over to my aluminum recyler for about $50~70 max.

How desperate are you mate?

LINK: