View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 05:31 AM   #7
Joe B

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordeeb View Post
Wouldn't having the car sit cause the same issues? Oil is pretty darn fresh and I figured starting and driving say 25 minutes in the lot until its warmed up would be best. I would even stable the fuel.
No, having the car sit would cause no issues. As several have said (and a search would support), the worst thing you can do in the winter is start the car for a few minutes and then not drive it for long enough to evaporate all moisture form the oil. If you don't like the answers to your question, then do what you wish. It's your car. Yes, 25 minutes would be better than 10 (which you originally mentioned), but why start it at all. The car doesn't wear out just sitting doing nothing!

Seriously, do a search. Here are 28 threads:

986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster Owners and Others - Search Results

I've been storing motorcycles (8 different ones) doing no more than covering them, changing the oil, and filling the gas tank and adding Sta-Bil , plus a battery tender, for over 30 years now. This is in an unheated shed in Wyoming where it gets to at least -20° F every winter. None of them has ever failed to start right up in the Spring, nor have any of them suffered any problems from leaving them alone for 6-7 months.

Last edited by Joe B; 01-13-2016 at 05:36 AM.
Joe B is offline   Reply With Quote