View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 12:02 PM   #8
boxxster

The only real differences between the front end components of a 00-02 and 03-04 S are the bumper and the headlights, at least in my experience of sourcing parts for my own rebuild. Someone can correct me if I am wrong on this. That bumper is correct for the year though.

Ideally you would want access to the original damage estimate from the insurance company. It will have an itemized list of every component that was damaged and needed to be replaced. Then you would want to cross reference this with the list of parts that were used for the rebuild. The rebuilder has to present the list of all major components that they had to purchase to fix the car in order to get the title changed from salvage to rebuilt, at least here in canada. The problem is that the car was fixed in the states over 10 years ago so you'll probably have a hard time getting access to this information. Personally, this is the kind of stuff I would want to know to feel 100% comfortable buying the car. Definitely get a PPI if you are serious about it though.
boxxster is offline   Reply With Quote