View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 03:46 PM   #1
PorscheBound

Price My Boxster

Let me first say I frequent many forums and some do not like when people create a thread asking "Whats my car worth?". I agree that 9/10 they are stupid but I hope this is the 1/10 that is acceptable. If admins don't like it, feel free to remove. Onto the car...

Background: I have owned my 986 S for 2 and a half years. I am ready to sell because I have a 997 S as well and don't have enough time to drive 2 let a lone 1 of these cars because of that whole thing called......forgive me I am blanking on the term currently.... oh yeah thats right LIFE! It tends to get in the way of these beasts.

Details: The car is a Black 2001 986 S. It currently has 56,499 miles on it. I bought it in August of 2013 with 47,xxx miles. The second I took ownership I put it on a flatbed and it went straight to intersport performance in mclean VA for a new clutch, RMS, and LN IMS bearing replacement. I just put Michelin tires on the car that have less than 3 thousand miles on them. In the 2 plus years I have owned the car I have replaced the motor mount, flushed the tranny, replaced rear CV boots and of course oil changes every 3k miles. The previous owner installed a new top in august of 2012 (so a 3 and half year old top).

I have a binder with invoices in chronological order dating back to July of 2001 on this car. I would say 80-90 percent of everything done to this car is recorded with invoices that I have all organized. I did the math one day. If I am remembering correctly since day one on this car, of all the records I have, roughly 20k has been put into this car (90 percent routine maint and maint upgrades).

This car had a total suspension overhaul at 45,708 miles by the previous owner (who is a forum member). The suspension is the RoW M030 package. The list goes on and on of little upgrades all over this car including things like an LNE .5qt deep sump oil pan kit. Water pump was replaced at 45,708 miles along with a 160 degree thermostat.

Cosmetics: Car is pretty straight. I use to manage a body shop. I am very particular in the way I grade a cars appearance. I feel my 10/10 is a lot of peoples 20/10 and that my 5/10 is someones 10/10. So with that said I personally give the car a 6.5-7.0 for cosmetic appearance. Again I am pretty tough on paint condition, etc.

Price: So as you can see this car has several key upgrades (IMS, new clutch, new tires, newish top, low miles, tons of vehicle history documented, etc) so this is why I struggle with my price. I wont even express where my head is with price to avoid influencing others opinions. So with that said, where would you put the price tag?

Billy Boat Muffler
ROW M030 Suspension
LNE IMSB
PorscheBound is offline   Reply With Quote