View Single Post
Old 06-03-2006, 05:20 PM   #1
mach schnell

new tires on the box and guess what...?

so, finally got the new set of tires (actually two - haven't figured that one out yet - since they told me three were defective when i started this journey a month ago...), one on the back, one of the front - the remaining two orig - had 5200 miles on them.

grossly, that obvious kind of out-of-balance, out-of-round vibration was gone. but as you might have figured, my annoying little shimmy is still there. car still feels unstable and you whip through a corner or, in fact, the best example is a a nice long freeway interchange (for me the I10 onto the 215S/91W - it's about 1/2-3/4 mile in length and 80 should be a piece of cake. in my car you feel like you're bouncing around and the car is being thrown around like a small dingy on the ocean. however, the shimmy is a constant phenomenon - very pronounced above 3500 (obvious to me at 4000rpm and >) and happens in a straight line. unfortunately, i know i'm wasting my time at Walter's - not too mention, its pretty obvious that i've been labelled the a-hole customer (although i've never raised my voice),but apparently it's too much to actually expect that they find something wrong with the car. sadly, if i have another dealer look at it, i'll end up driving the 80 miles to hoehn. or, i've got a private, certified porsche mechanic locally, but haven't come to terms with having to spend my own money on an issue that is clearly warranty related.

could it just be that this car doesn't like 19" wheels? do i have something defective in the suspension or motormounts? is it wrong to go to a dealer and ask that a tech or serv mgr who owns and drives a porsche regularly, inspect the car, rather than the guy who drives a honda or saturn?

the bmw 330 ci is looking pretty nice now. in fact, the 95 993 that i test drove yesterday may have a welcome home in my garage...
Japanese Rising Sun roof graphic
De-ambered and nearly de-chromed!

Sold - 05 BMW 330CI ZHP M-tuned
Imola Red, 6spd, Alcantra & Carbon Fiber Interior

Sold - 05 Boxster Black/Black 5spd
19" Carrera S Wheels
Bose Audio System/Sport Chrono Pkg
Schnell Short Shifter
Yellow Calipers c/ carbon fiber Porsche lettering
De-Ambered

Sold - 03 VW Beetle Silver - way too modified!
mach schnell is offline   Reply With Quote