View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 09:40 AM   #2
Dlirium

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisZenithBlue View Post
hi guys,

a couple of days ago it got a bit chilly as i was leaving work at night and since i want to stay true to my "top always down" motto (Florida) i dropped it and figured its a good time to test the heater (which i never did in 10 months of ownership).

i was a bit surprised to see it wasnt really blowing all that hot. the engine was warmed up properly and with the setting on HI and fan at full blast i was getting "warm" air coming out but not the "crispy" air i was expecting. my old S2000 would cook your knuckles and i could never keep it on hi blast or i would sweat even with the top down in the mountains in Nov.

i did notice the more i had the heater on the warmer it got. with the top up the heat would be adequate i'm sure.

Is the heater supposed to do a better job or is that all it's got? does it have anything to do with the fact it has probably never been used? Not a lot of opportunities to use it in Florida but i might plan some trips up north during the cold season.

thanks,

Cristian
From what I've read, you may not have a properly "burped" cooling system. Making sure you get all the air out may make a difference for the heating...
Dlirium is offline   Reply With Quote