View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 05:59 AM   #16
jb92563

Since my 986 is a Hobby and a 2nd vehicle I do the work myself when ever possible. When its not possible its only because of lack of time or tools, and sometimes I weigh the savings of DIY and invest in the tools instead.

I was always a tinkerer so taking things apart, fixing and customizing have always been in my genes.

So far its only been a few things, AOS, ECM replacement, Underdrive pulley, fuel filter etc but I'm always surprised that its fairly easy to work on despite the mid engine location.

I think there are folks that are interested in the driving and then those that are interested in tinkering DIY. All are enjoying it in their own way.

One BIG bonus is this forum, the wealth of knowledge, willingness to help each other, share info, ideas, opinions and assistance.
It makes owning and maintaining these older cars much easier and perhaps inspires those on the fence to try some DIY as well.

Can't say enough on how great all the folks here have been.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)

Last edited by jb92563; 01-06-2016 at 06:02 AM.
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote