View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 12:25 PM   #7
Sideways Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelude Guy View Post
I am still kind of new here. I have spent a lot of time researching the Boxster. I will admit that I never really cared for them until now. I had no idea there were quite a few modifications you can do to them. Audi transmission swaps, 3.4L-3.6L engine upgrade, many 911 OEM upgrades. Since 2002, I have gotten into cars so much that I enjoy buying older cars and fixing them up myself. Most of my cars I own didn't run when I bought them. In fact, I am looking for a Boxster with a blown engine to buy.

Anyway, I am still kind of confused about the people who own Boxsters. The three cars makes I am used to have a huge following of DIY'ers. Threads about rebuilding engines in the basement or garage are common. That doesn't seem to be the case with the 986. I'm not really sure why. The Boxster engine doesn't seem that complicated compared to other engines. Am I missing something?

Do many of you do your own work or do you take them to a shop? If so, do you tackle major jobs like clutch installs, suspension component upgrades/replacement yourself? What do you take your car in for service at the dealership/independent Porsche service center?
I rebuilt my last 2.7 boxster engine and put it on here with photos. Search on threads I've started and you will find it!
Sideways Steve is offline   Reply With Quote