View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 06:52 AM   #5
steved0x

I am about to DIY the diagonal control arms (aka trailing arms, caster control arms), in the backs it is just 2 bolts, in the fronts it is the same two bolts with a couple of other bolts that may need to come off to remove a plate. It sounds likes like you are also replacing the LCAs as well? I have heard of folks doing the LCAs and getting away without an alignment, but the Bentley says an alignment is required when replacing that one. Also for that one, when tightening it to the body, the suspension needs to be loaded. In the front there is a little triangle mark that you can align (per the ebay pdf service manuals) by jacking the front suspension if you can't put it on the ground, but the back doesn't seem to have those marks.

I'm going to do mine in the next week and will report back.

Steve

Edit: one thing the Bentley says is that you should replace the locking nuts. I may take one down to Fastenal to see if they have an equivalent; otherwise I may place an order from one of the parts vendors. In that case, maybe I will buy a bunch and have some available for other folks so they can get some and save on some shipping charges The part number is 90038001201 and it just looks like an M 14x1.5 locking nut with a shoulder. (For the smaller one from the LCA, that is M 12x1.5, 90038001201 )

Last edited by steved0x; 01-05-2016 at 06:57 AM.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote