View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 05:50 AM   #6
jb92563

Its funny how the insurance companies like to drop someone after they have a loss.

I had an accident at my fault where I dinged another cars tail light and broke it on a slippery icy snowy winding road. The company raised my monthly premium by $100 over a $250 tail light bill. Granted I was a relatively inexperienced young driver at 20 yrs old but I had no speeding or other accidents in that time.

Needless to say I switched companies immediately and got a rate that was lower than the other companies normal rate for better coverage.

Tom, good to know that persistence and knowing your consumer rights can still lead to a fair outcome.
How long did that arguing take, and what level of management approval was needed to finally accept your claim?

I had never even heard of "Diminished Value" claims until joining this forum.
Information and knowing your rights gives you the power to get whats fair.

Perhaps those Oregon Ranchers are doing the same.
Fighting for the rights that were hard earned by their family and patriots before them.

Rex, insurance companies are just big fat cows that need to be squeezed the right way to get the desired results. Just make sure that you don't try to milk a bull though
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)

Last edited by jb92563; 01-05-2016 at 05:53 AM.
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote