View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 03:38 AM   #7
Retroman1969

Hmm, I don't believe that the trunk and windows open as a result of the battery going dead. I could be wrong, but.... Never seen it happen anyway. And the trunk lights are on a timer, so if you leave them open or unlatched, they turn off automatically after a time to conserve battery. (At least mine do).
The windows going half down I believe is a default mode related to the system the cocks the windows down a hair when opening the door. Sometimes my window will drop halfway down after closing the door and I have to reset it by raising the window and holding the switch for a few seconds afterward. (Probably caused by a faulty or worn switch, sensor, regulator, etc.... It's not uncommon).
These cars can kill a battery just by sitting, but not normally just after two weeks unless the battery is getting old or weak.
I'm just speculating with my limited knowledge, but it almost sounds like it suffered a power surge or glitch somewhere that triggered all of that and the same thing killed the battery.
I'd be curious to know what it was.

Last edited by Retroman1969; 01-05-2016 at 03:40 AM.
Retroman1969 is offline   Reply With Quote