Thread: IMS failure???
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 11:08 AM   #24
sepesusi63

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexcramer View Post
Well done sir, for taking this project on. I/We look forward to learning from your experience. I have had 6 or 7 mid 60's VW engines in pieces in my lap before, but I am not sure about these engines. Please keep us in the loop, as you can.

What has been your biggest struggle/challenge so far?

How close to scrapping the car did you get? Or were you always going to fix it?

Best of Luck and of the New Year
Thanks for your interest and support

There has not been that difficult parts work wise (not so far), but it has been more difficult to decide in where to draw the line, meaning what parts to replace and what to use from old.

Looking for correct work shop manuals and instruction has not been that easy either.

For sure there will be some challenge when I will start to put it together again, but we take them as they come

Scrapping the car was never real option, although seriously considered
But replacement engine was a serious one.
Main reason being, that I just managed to enjoy the car for 2 months before it broke down.... (bought is end of May and it broke down beginning of August)

Honestly speaking, I have never rebuilt Porsche engine before. Motorcycle engines alone and some smalled car engines together with my father.
But they are man made machines not created by God, so common sense will take you far
sepesusi63 is offline   Reply With Quote