View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 03:35 AM   #3
compinsating

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb92563 View Post
Very cool.

Would love to hear about the process of how to go about making the molds, templates and patterns. How is the duplicate for the other side of the car made.

Any tricks and tips of the DIY methods.

What materials you use to do the shaping and how to make the finished product.

Please do document the process with pics of your progress.

Did you make that black bumper cover yourself?
Lots of ways to skin the cat with this stuff. The vette in The background has a wide body i made for it and i used modling clay. I have a kit type car im building in the barn and board foam was used for that. For the porsche im trying something new this time.. Spray foam

Once i get my general shape with the foam and puddy ill coat it with resin and spot it with bondo. Then i will be able to do my glass lay up for the mold. Be easier to show it in pics then explain. I will post up pics along the way. This is the very beginning stages so give me a week or two before the pics get fun

Making the other side is not as hard as you would think. Once you get your final shape its just a matter of making pieces that fit the finished side and holding them up against the other side. I do have a few spcialty tool for mirring as well which i can show later.

I love tinkering with my cars and this stuff keeps it exciting. I know their is always nay-sayers but to me... Life is short and who cares what others say lol my five year old can build all kinds of stuff on his own because of all the crazy projects he helps me with

Oh... No i did not do the front bumper. I purched that and will purchase the rear.

Last edited by compinsating; 01-03-2016 at 03:39 AM. Reason: Sprlling
compinsating is offline   Reply With Quote