View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 12:37 PM   #7
shockandawe

Good Luck with your build.

It's great to see another person doing the swap so I can gather more info!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Bill View Post
I would like to think JOHN (LS376) for all the information and video he has posted here and on U-tube- I wouldn't be writting this without that push. Yes, there will be another 480 HP LS 376 built!
Pace Performance of Youngstown,Ohio shipped a 500 pallet to me. Engine, oil pan,oil pickup, windage tray(don't buy)ECU and engine. I have a 2000 Boxster S with dead engine-triple Black.
Renegade Hybrids is providing the kit. Fabrication will be by me. Melba,Steve, Scott and Dana from RH have been very helpful as I go thru this evolution.I live a lot closer to thier shop than they would like
Follow along and learn from my mistakes and successes! I will post when can, but have travel obligations, so this will not be a "Overhauling" speed build. I am doing this on my dime and time, my way.
I was at Tech Tactics in Ontario this year-loved Cayman GTS! I am hoping for similar figures for performance at a lot less $$$$$.

I read an article by Jim Pasha in Excellence, about 10 years ago- about the Spec Boxster. He suggested that $15,000 for car and $8,000 in mods, you could be racing.
So I have determined that this will be my goal, roadworthy,cross country capable with 480 HP in a Boxster S for $23,000 and my time.

Car delivered with dead engine $5250, Porsche Hardtop $1550
with hardware and delivered (70X42X62 inch box). I will sell engine minus alternator,A/C compressor,and harnesses and switches to recover some costs.
The expansion tank has already been replaced, due to prior leakage.
I will do the radiators with CSF all aluminum and all new hoses.
The car was a stripped and saved. Mildew on driver door from dead battery. Replaced missing front trunk lid with one from 996.
Rear bumper and spoiler from 2004. Sound system console missing- Replaced but not included in conversion cost.

About the engine, the LS376,480HP crate engine is now shipped with the oil pan for the Cammaro-wrong for the RH kit. the 2006 Corvette 430 Hp engine has the right one and you can save a lot if you find one in good shape.
Above I said don't buy windage tray, Vette magazine recommends the EM-215 crank scraper and baffle windage tray for LS3 from Innovative Racing. That's what I am installing.

I will post pictures when I can figure out how-first to gallery then in thread. Running
total starts with next post.(Probably before new year.)

i will close this with a wish for all - have a healthy and happy new year after your holiday enjoyment.
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote