View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 11:41 AM   #7
KevinH1990

I managed to source a passenger-side power seat base from another board member (thanks Phil C.) The wiring is much simpler on the passenger side than on the driver's side.

This photo shows the back of the control panels for the manual seat with the power backrest (left) and the full power seat (right). This was taken before I removed the control for the manual seat.

To power the seat motors, all you need to do is (1) Splice the red (power) and brown (ground) from the full-power seat into the existing harness for the manual seat and (2) Because the the connectors for the backrest motors are the same in both seats, you just plug the female connector from the full-power control unit into the existing male connector that goes to the backrest motor. You need to remove the existing female connector from the slot on the seat-bottom frame.

Because the seats that were in my car at the start of the project were heated, I did not want to make any unnecessary changes to the existing wiring.

One oddity that I noticed is that the power seat on the passenger side does appear to lower as much as the one on the driver's side. This is not a problem for me since my most frequent passenger is my wife and she is five-foot two and wants the seat higher.

I also bought a used memory seat control. I'm going to see if I can figure out how to wire that.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote