Thread: Nubie
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2006, 03:41 PM   #4
Perfectlap

ummm...

shred that credit card. Those guys are corporate mafiosos. Really I'm not kidding
keep that credit car for a day when you have to drop $700 on repairs like I did today.

With this car you'll spend allot of dough on performance and you won't get much back. Really its a waste unless you plan on doing competitive driving.

as far as mods, I stick to the cosmetic stuff that look good in pics and will help me sell the car.

But if you want to improve performance premium tires is the first thing on your list.
And then maybe a 20 pound range set of wheels. How heavy are your BBS?

I would consider my GT3 seats to be a performance/cosmetic mod because they really enhance the looks and driving experience equally.

my second favorite cosmetic mod is an aero kit. For $2K The GT3 front bumper and side skirts on 18" wheels really transform the stance of the car. Makes it look like a $70K car. This morning I had to convince a guy that it was a Boxster and not a 911 Cab. He said he thought the Boxster was "smaller".

On the 2000 you'll want to change to amber free tail lights and side markers.
And the most expensive cosmetic mod the HID Litronics lights. Or $500 if you can find a set of amber free non-HID halogens from a 996 911 or Boxster. Clear on yellow paint will improve the look over amber on yello in a big way.

as far as Brakes they need absolutely no modification. Best brakes I've had and I'd think twice about braided brake lines. They've usually made the cars I've driven have a very hard pedal, I don't like that.

If you want to tinker with the suspesion I would consider the Bilstein PSS9 at least with that very expensive uprgrade you can adjust the ride height. Simply adding lowering springs is a real roll of the dice and not really precise enough for such an expensive car as this.

SHort shift kit and strut tower bar are cheap mods whcih may make a big difference. The short shift kit has had mixed reviews with this car. The 911 folks seem to like it more with their gear box.

The only must have for me
VALENTINE ONE!
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 06-01-2006 at 03:46 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote